Monday, September 12, 2011

silly girls

I just checked out a new book at the library and am pretty engrossed in it. It's a non fiction. I'm a nerd. I'm pulling something from the back-files today, just to have something to post. This is now a good three weeks old... at least.


These grew in our yard here at the end of the summer, this is our first summer in this house.  I think they are a silly flower, all stem and no leaves.   A friend I teach with said they are called 'naked ladies.'   Another teacher said she always called them 'surprise lillies.'


We've just called them 'silly girls' until now. Do you know a real name for these gals?

2 comments:

mommyslittlemonkeys said...

I've heard naked ladies, pink ladies. They have leaves early in the season that dry up and then these ladies bloom later.

grandma said...

I like the names you have heard. Here they are called surprise lilies.