Saturday, September 4, 2010

magazine find

I went to the magazine bin at the recycling center to collect some magazines for the kids to cut pictures from. I was surprised not to find the dozens of issues of Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray, Better Homes and Gardens, and Parents magazines. There must have been 100 issues of girly magazines right on top. Naked girly magazines. I suppose they need recycled too! While trying not to look, just to dig, I spied a small stack of old Life magazine. These gems are from 1966-1067.

While and articles and editorials are interesting, it's the adds that I've enjoyed looking at the most.

This lovely car is just $1800.

Tanning cream anyone?

There are lots of alcohol and cigarette adds, and several for freezers and refrigerators. Perhaps there was a new fridge and freezer technology that had recently come out.


Hubby and I joked that the older men that volunteer at the paper recylcing center would be jockeying for the job of locking up after their shift. Perhaps one of them would 'forgot something and have to run back inside." Probably they are after the Life magazines. Probably.

2 comments:

grandma said...

Those were a great find. I can remember my dad buying a new Chevy for $1000 after WWII. I have a big stack of magazines for you. Next month, I plan to start stacks for everyone to take home or to their recycle places to get rid of a lot of junk. Maybe you can just drop them off at our place on your way out of town. LOL

Anonymous said...

You are a true Anderson "picker"

Love Always,
Dad