Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finished car cozy

I've been following this fun competition at So You Think You're Crafty. They started with 10 crafty bloggers and each week there is a theme. The crafters create something and then share the projects. The online public votes on their favorite and one person is eliminated. Two blogging gals that I already follow are/were participating. I think the winner posts a tutorial on how to make their creation.

Jill, at Homemade By Jill created an adorable car cozy. I don't think that she has posted it on her blog yet, but she has a bunch of other fun ideas there. I thought it would be a fun gift for my Lou. I hope that it might keep him entertained during church since he refuses to go to Sunday School.

It's mostly felt. The top green fabric is just a cotton. I used what I had on hand. I toyed around with adding some felt trees too, but the scale seemed so off. Not that giant safety cones make a lot of sense either.

I was able to do some of this on the sewing machine, but a good deal of it is by hand.


I had the hardest time with the binding. If I haven't said it before, I will say it now, I so dislike bias tape. Amy Karol, the author of Bend the Rules Sewing, (she also writes the blog, Angry Chicken) practically has an entire chapter on her love for bias tape. I don't get it.



This is part of his homemade Christmas.... and I'm hoping for at least 10 minutes of quiet play on Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

That is darling! What little guy wouldn't like to play with cars quietly... maybe for longer than 10 minutes. Are you going to add this to your Etsy shop?

Unknown said...

That is super cute! I might attempt one for my little guy!