Friday, October 23, 2009

refreshing treat for teachers





Back in August there were some super cute ideas for teacher gifts, sort of a welcome back to school, let's have a great year kind of gift. As a teacher who often got dollar store Christmas mugs as gifts, I have a great appreciation for thoughtful (useful, tasteful, and occasionally yummy) homemade gifts. I mentally filed this one away and thought it would be a cute thing for us to take the day we had snack at Bee's school.


I guess I didn't bookmark it, so unfortunately, I don't know where this idea came from, although I know it is not my own. If you have seen it somewhere and know, or it was your idea, I'd love to give you credit, please let me know.


Time to raid your scrapbook or crafting paper scrap box. For each, I used one piece of 10 x 3.5 inch paper (that will be the long hanging piece), a coordinating 3.5 x 3.5 piece (that will be the front color piece), a coordinating circle 1 11/16 (to go behind the letter), a typed letter/or letter sticker (you could also just write "Thanks" or something cuter like "you deserve a refreshing break," etc) cut in a circle 1 1/4 inch.




Take the long piece and cut out a circle to hang on the water bottle (I used 1 1/4 and it is just big enough). then fold that back to make a crease about 3/4 inch past the hole. Also, fold it up at the bottom 3.5 inches. This will make the pocket.




Glue the letter to the colored circle. Glue these two pieces to the front piece. Glue all of this now to the blank folded side at the bottom of the hanging tag. I put a thin strip of glue on the insides of the pocket too, then used a tiny hole punch and two small brads. Insert the packet of flavoring and hang on the water.





Give to your favorite teacher and watch as they enjoy the fact that it is not a Christmas mug or an angel made of hot glued shells, or a bouquet of fake dusty flowers.

No comments: