Saturday, June 20, 2009

yummm.... bread

My friend Liz from my Natural Family group shared this recipe for a delicious milk bread. You can easily substitute different flours and fruits and nuts as you like. Today I used only spelt and white unbleached flour. I wanted to have a really soft bread for french toast the next morning.
I often roll it out and sprinkle it with raisins and cinnamon. This will make delicious french toast!



It makes enough for two medium sized loaves.


It smelled as good as it looks. That's a full jar of granola in the background!


Milk Bread
2 ¼ t yeast
2 T warm water
1 c warm milk
dissolve yeast in water and milk

Add:

5 T butter -melted
3 T sugar
1 egg
1 t salt
4 c flour (any combination)

Knead well, rise 1 hour
separate into 2 pieces, roll out and add goodies if desired.
Bake 350° for up to 35-40 min

2 comments:

Lesia said...

divorce2Looks delicious!

Kelly said...

I can't wait to try this!